Water is the main Component of human body. I highly encourage all the members of my challenges to drink water throughout the day. Drinking water has plenty commonly known health benefits-
- Water can help in weight loss – Water has 0 calories. Voila! Many times, our body and mind confuses thirst with hunger. Having regular water will keep you away from junk snacks as it acts like natural appetite suppressant. Also, having water before meals fills up your stomach and helps you in eating less.
- Better digestion – Water helps in proper functioning of your digestive system and preventing constipation by boosting metabolism and helping the body in breaking down food properly.
- It can keep your skin glowing – Water is your natural moisturiser. It keeps skin hydrated thereby preventing premature wrinkles, making it a natures anti-aging treatment.
- Water can prevent headaches and migraines – Dehydration can cause headaches and migraines and drinking up enough water through the day will prevent them.
- Water can improve brain function – Our brain is mostly made of water, studies have shown that even mild dehydration can affect our moods and concentration. Having adequate amount of water helps to improve your mood and cognitive function
- Water can help reduce tiredness and fatigue – Every cell in the body needs water to function properly, therefore, drinking the right amount of water helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Can prevent cramps – Adequate hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic.
- It can boost Immune System – Studies have shown that drinking water helps fight flu, cancer and ailments like heart attacks etc
- Water helps regulate body temperature – since majority our bodies is made up of water it is responsible for the regulation of body temperature. We perspire in summers to balance the excess heat in order to lower our temperature.
- Water is a natural detox – Water is natural and highly effective detox as it aids in getting rid of toxins from your body through urine and sweat.
It is commonly heard and known that ‘excess of anything can be bad’, there are some experts who warn us against drinking too much water. Hence, it is recommended that you ‘know your body’ and what is the right amount of ‘water intake for yourself’ as it varies from person to person.
SO KEEP YOURSELF HYDRATED AND HAPPY!
Please give us a ‘thumbs up’ below and feel free to comment/ share this article if you found it helpful.
This information is for educational purposes only and represents my personal opinion and is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or health care provider. We encourage you to discuss with your doctor any questions or concerns you may have